Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Birth to New Life is the work of God through His Spirit"

October 24-31, 2009
Sr. Nelly Lalic, cm
Missionary from Indonesia
Psalm of Thanksgiving

I bless and thank you, O great God
And shall proclaim your marvelous deeds
All the days of my life.

For it was you who discerned my purpose and
in my innermost being taught me wisdom,
To be born anew and thus be true to your original plan
when you said, “Let us make man in our image and likeness”

I sought wisdom in this regard and your replied,
“What is born of flesh is flesh, what is born of the Spirit is Spirit.
Therefore, I tell you, you must be born from above”.

You opened my heart to be docile to the Spirit
In my searching for this new life
In deep silence and solitude, I saw that your infinite compassion
Led me to be transformed to be born from on high for humanity you love.

And you have touched me with your Word, a double edged sword.
To penetrate my being and to accomplish your will
To forget my old self and to allow myself to be saved by you
And experience change in my life.

The double-edged SWORD cut fiercely through my old way;
timidity, rigidity, passivity, pride, egoistic tendencies.
It paved the new way to what is more of God’s image and likeness:
courage, flexibility and understanding, sensitivity, humility and charity.

You have chastised me with a broken heart to make me whole,
Made me taste pain and sufferings to make me humble,
Sent me illness to take care of my health,
And empty search to make me aware that
my heart is restless until it rests in you.

Amazing is the outpouring of your graces,
O God upon me,
Your wretched but beloved child strengthen my belief that
birth to new life is your work through your Spirit.

Sr. Petronila Lalic, cm
October 30, 2009
CMCS, Tagaytay City

No comments: